Past Posts

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Small Projects

Over the past couple of months, we have been blessed to have some really nice days and it has given me the opportunity to update and  clean up a couple projects.


Garage Door:

I didn't really want to buy new garage doors and I knew that I wanted to do something different with them. I had considered painting them, but then I read about putting a gel stain on them and the polyurethane on it afterwards to protect it. I decided to try it out and I loved it, but I got side tracked and polyurethaned one door twice and not the other. Within a month the gel stain was peeling on the side that I forgot. I will someday have to redo that side, but other than that- I love how it turned out.




I love how they turned out

Kitchen Tile:

Some day I may change it, but there is only so much you can do at a time and the kitchen tile was in pretty good shape. I decided to leave it (you will see the completed kitchen in a couple months), but the grout was bothering me. I tried all different kinds of grout cleaner and I just wasn't happy. I finally read about a grout pen. I decided to go with black. I probably should have picked brown, but I didn't really know what the original grout color was. For now, I like it and will leave it this way...





Front Door, Back Door and Shutters:

the shutters and front door looked dull and the house just looked boring. I decided for now I was going to paint them to add a little color to it.


before- you can see that everything just looks around the same color



I debated what to color the door, but this house really needed some pop and I love this color.

the porch swing was brown and falling apart. Eventually we will get a new porch swing, but for now the white paint makes it look better.

I decided to paint the back door the same color as the front shutters. Eventually this whole deck and door will be redone, but for now I like the little pop of color.



Front Garden:
It is so hard to not want to do everything at once when this place has so much potential, but the other day I realized that I may not be able to change much of the back this year because of all the planning and tree removing we may need to do. I decided that I will just spruce up what was already established. There were some old crooked stones in the front. I removed them and then added different bricks. I only added a few flowers (the daffodils were already there) and then a yellow rose bush. Hopefully by the end of the summer this garden will have beautiful established plants.




More pictures coming soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment