Past Posts

Sunday, November 3, 2019

A Little Bit About Me








Hi-

I wanted to write a little about myself and explain why I have decided to write a blog.

First, and foremost, I am a believer in Jesus Christ. Everything that I have experienced and done is because of God. He has always been a part of my life. He has guided me in everything I have done.

 I am originally from Texas, but spent most of my childhood in Kenya, East Africa and all my married life in Virginia.

I love to travel. I have been to places like Israel, Burkina Faso, England, France, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Canada, Russia, and the list goes on. I have a long list of future places to visit, so I am far from done traveling.

I love the outdoors. I would rather, as long as its not too cold, be outside than indoors any day. 

I do like a good adventure. I have tried most things at least once. I love the water and anything associated with it (Kayaking, Scuba Diving, Swimming, Paddle boarding, Fishing).  Some things I have done- Climbed Mt. Kenya, Scuba dived in the Red Sea, driven to Matzlan, Mexico from Texas (not reccomended), seen the walls of Jericho, white water rafted in Costa Rica and Colorado. I did a Triathlon (Olympic Distance), Repelled down cliffs, ridden motorcycles, taken a shower in a waterfall in the middle of nowhere, been chased by a Rhino in our vehicle, had rabies shots, gone cave exploring, love tent camping, etc. I also like to read a good book and watch movies. 


Why do I tell you all of this? Since moving to Virginia my life has slowed down in the traveling area and sometimes I am sad that my kids will not experience the kind of childhood I had. There was never a dull moment. With that being said- after living in Virginia for 10 years I decided I wanted to give my kids a small glimpse of what it is like to have lots of animals, go exploring, get dirty, play outside, learn to paint, build, care for animals, etc. and I knew land could help with that.

1 comment:

  1. So glad that I can keep up with the new Simpson and Bush adventures. Miss you. Jean

    ReplyDelete