Past Posts

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Why Now?






After living in King George for a couple years, we realized a couple things;

I did not like the way our kids were not able to experience certain things by living in a cookie cutter house.
I am an introvert at heart, but with the kids I have and with the kind of things I do, I realized I needed my solace and I couldn't get it in the current house we were living.


About two years ago we started looking for a new house. It started where we just wanted an acre or a couple acres  to give us a little space, but as we searched and new ideas came to mind, we realized we wanted more space than that.

I really felt like God was leading us in this direction. Some circumstances were happening that was putting me in a really bad place and I was getting depressed. I would like to say that this does not affect the family, but if a spouse is depressed, it can make the whole family unbalanced. I was feeling selfish, but we had a long talk and realized as a family we needed to find somewhere else to live.

I began searching 2 summers ago, but back in February we decided it was time to put our current house up for sale. We didn't actually put it up for sale until July (houses were selling quickly in our neighborhood and we needed to not put it up for sale until we found something).

Parents:

As we were searching, my parents made a big decision along with us. Through this long search they made the decision to put their house up for sale in Colorado and get land with us in King George. This opened up a lot more opportunities to find the kind of property that we all needed. Their house is still for sale if you want to share it with others. https://www.trulia.com/p/co/westcliffe/2100-county-road-310-westcliffe-co-81252--2074259744

It was the right timing to start looking, so we started the search and we found something that we thought fit most of criteria! Welcome to the Woodland Wonder!



No comments:

Post a Comment